Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Takin' Care of Business

Well friends, your humble narrator has commenced his summer job. I shall keep names out of it, but let's just say it's a bulge bracket bank. Training is currently under way, and I just clocked an 11 hour day... Learning about PowerPoints. People in the business of Wall Street, I have already observed, are more than self-aware. In fact, they make YOU aware of how self-aware THEY are. I have already heard a number of times to remember this is a heavily scrutinized industry. Be careful. Don't say or do anything stupid. Even, "If a reporter calls you asking about the Firm (it's always capitalized), your response should be 'No comment.'" It's an experience unlike any I've had in my life, and I intend to continue to put in 11 hour days and live to tell the tale. I'm looking forward to my first night spent asleep underneath my desk. EconStu shall remain about economics as a whole, though I may bring back the occasional financial-life observation. Carry on my friends, and let the games begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment